Wednesday, May 8, 2013


Spicy, High Protein Avocado Breakfast Sandwich And Sauce

An amazing sandwich and sauce. You take butter out of the sandwich, adding in a protein base and avocado instead. This makes this sandwich buttery and awesome!
Spicy, High Protein Breakfast Sandwich And Sauce
Nutritional Info
  •  
    326
  •  
    26
    g
  •  
    27.2
    g
  •  
    12.8
    g

Ingredients

  • 1 Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • 5 TBSP Srirachi Hot Sauce
  • 1 Piece Ezekiel Bread, Toasted
  • 1/4 Thinly Sliced Avocado
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
  • Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb Flavor

Cooking Instructions

To make the sauce, combine the Greek yogurt and srirachi hot sauce. If you don't like your sauce too zippy, then you can cut back on the amount or srirachi you use. The srirachi amount can also be changed if you're watching your sodium intake.
Next, cook a whole egg, and 1/4 cup egg whites over a medium heat. I like to add Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb Flavor while cooking.
Place the egg on your toasted Ezekiel bread, top with sliced avocado and your srirachi and yogurt sauce, and enjoy!
I love this sandwich and this sauce because you're taking out butter and using a protein base instead and are then able to add in a healthy fat, avocado which makes this sandwich buttery and awesome!

The Fiercist Breakfast Sandwich of All!

Breakfast is known to be the most skipped meal of the day.  We get up and go, and forget to take the time to fuel our bodies and minds with a healthy meal.  I say, TAKE THE TIME for yourself and I promise you you’ll feel more prone to make healthier choices the rest of the day because you started your day healthy.
News Flash!  Yes, eating breakfast is muy importante amigos!   Why you ask?  Well because your body just fasted for 8+ hours while sleeping and the last meal it had was dinner.
Even while you’re sleeping your body is using fuel for digestion, breathing and all that other stuff the engine inside us does.  It’s miraculous really, and you should be good to it by giving it fuel for the day ahead of it.
So now to SAUCE.  I’m a big sauce girl, I don’t like things dry, never have, never will.  So being healthy, I had to think of an alternative to butter on toast or mayonnaise on a sandwich.
The more you experiment with healthy ingredients, the more of a mad scientist you become, I promise you!  You just, out of the blue, begin concocting new ideas and putting one and one together to create something stellar!
I found it one day while looking in my fridge “concocting” in my head.  I saw the Plain Greek Yogurt and because I LOVE heat in my  food, I saw the Srirachi sauce (found in the Asian section of your grocery store, or substitute any other hot sauce…but Sri is my fave with this).
I mixed the two together and put it on my toast, added thin slices of avocado (another one of my favorite foods. I keep the slices thin because avocados are the "highest calorie fruit in existence."  No wonder I love them so much) And topped with an egg, bam!   Still, there is so much healthy goodness in an avocado, just eat 1/8-1/4 in one meal and you’re A-ok.
So here’s how you prepare this delectably wonderful breakfast sandwich sauce:
Sriracha and Greek Yogurt
Mix these two together.
Sriracha and Greek yogurt
I put them in a container that I can use for entire week.
Sriracha and Greek Yogurt
What a great color!
Avocado Sandwich

Serving Suggestions

Makes 1 sandwich. (Using 1/3 cup sauce)

No comments:

Post a Comment